Please join us on Wed. January 15, 2020 for our live webinar, “Change is Coming for E&M: Start Preparing Now for 2021.”
The webinar will focus on Office and Outpatient E&M coding guidelines that passed with the CY2020 Physician Fee Schedule for implementation in 2021. These include significant changes to some of the most commonly used codes in the industry, which makes it imperative for healthcare systems to understand what they should be doing now to prepare for the transition.
“If you don’t learn the changes you simply will not know how to code office visits anymore—and if you cannot code correctly then you cannot get paid correctly and you become a compliance risk,” said Ms. Pride, Panacea Senior Vice President of Coding & Documentation. “Our goal with this webinar is to help you avoid that risk by setting you on a path to understanding the changes and giving you clear, concrete ways to start preparing right now to make sure you will be ready for the transition.”
Though the new E&M guidelines do not go into effect until 2021, coming up to speed and minimizing any errors will require healthcare organizations to use the next year to prepare. This webinar will give attendees a first step by helping them:
- Learn the new guidelines, how to select the appropriate level of service, and what documentation is needed to support selections.
- Determine how to prepare providers for the new guidelines.
- Identify the changes needed to EMR templates to support correct documentation.
- Understand how to determine whether the financial impact to the practice will be positive, negative, or neutral.
Date: Wednesday, January 15, 2020
Time: 1pm EST |12pm CST | 11am MST | 10am PST | 8am HST
Duration: 1 hour
1 AHIMA CEU awarded*
1 AAPC CEU awarded*
This event is intended for providers, coders, HIM directors and assistant directors; coding managers, directors, and supervisors; revenue cycle managers; outpatient clinical documentation improvement specialists; and performance improvement coordinators, and it offers one prior-approved CEU through both AHIMA and AAPC.
* Must register and attend the live event to be eligible to receive the CEUs